Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Starting Early

I have an almost seven year old daughter and I feel that it's important have her think about money. There are many studies that point out that young adults today have a very poor respect for money and generally this leads to a very early relationship with debt. I don't want this for my kids and I expect you don't want it for yours.

To do my part I thought of offerring some ideas to help kids begin experimenting with money and wealth building from an early age. My ideas might not be convention, but some of them are.

Here are some thoughts, please share yours also.

  • Start a website and add some money making options such as adsense and other revenue means. One that I recently helped my daughter start was CoolKids . It was fun for her and actually just started making a little advertising money.
  • Open a bank account and make regular deposits to it, no matter how small.
  • Create a product to sell! Kids have great ideas and even the silliest ideas can be marketed, especially on the web.
  • When kids earn money for chores discuss their options with them: spend it, save it. Guide decisions.
These are just a couple of ideas for now, let's keep thinking of ideas to help our kids build for future wealth Now. Thanks for viewing and contributing.

0 comments: