Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Chipping Principle

For years I have had a second job. One reason is to save money for summer time when my school counseling position is not always available. The other reason of course is just to have some extra cash to spend, save, or invest. I probably won't stop my second job (bartending) for a while but I am considering it. Some people have asked me how I can have a very serious professional career in counseling/clinical work and at the same time have a second job as a bartender?! Well, the combination isn't so bad really. And unlike other options like private practice, it helps so that I don't take myself or career too seriously to enjoy. Enough on that...

Anyway, it is possible that I might give up the second job in favor of more web-based income. One possibility is to simply build a network of websites and blogs that earn a little bit each day. Simple enough right?

It is simple, but not exactly EASY. Because like anything else it takes careful thought and persistent work. Not HARD work, but persistent work. So if this is my goal (to earn more from home and give up bartending) then I will:

  • make it a defined goal
  • set small objectives
  • Chip away each day, or conform to set schedule
It's what I call the Chipping Principle of attaining a goal...in this case earning more money. The idea of passive income is very real...but it's like the field of dreams: "If you build it..."

0 comments: